My Vet Hydro is a specialist hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre. We are both an in-patient and out-patient referral centre. A referral from your veterinary is required prior to booking, please download referral form here. We are a friendly professional centre dedicated to delivering the very best rehabilitationto each and every animal we care for.
Our unique approach to rehabilitation aims to optimize recovery and fitness for each animal via an individual care package. Treatment is provided by fully qualified and registered Hydrotherapists using state of the art equipment and techniques.
The first visit to the centre will consist of a land based assessment, this will enable us to assess your animals needs. From here we can evaluate what the best treatment plan is, this will include a specific home programme. The treatment in the first session will vary depending on your animals needs and ability.
Common conditions we treat:
- Pre and post-surgery patients
- Neurological problems (such as Intervertebral disc disease- IVDD, Chronic degenerative radiculo myopathy-CDRM, fibrocartilaginous embolism- FCE, lumbosacral disease etc).
- Orthopaedic problems (such as cruciate ligament problems, femoral head and neck excision- FHNE, fracture repairs, luxation patellas etc)
- Hip and elbow dysplasia
- Muscle weakness
- Weight loss
- Fitness and performance patients
- Functional problems such as struggling toileting or struggling standing.
- Elderly animals with reduced function, stiffness or muscle weakness.
Treatment aims to:
- Prevent musculo-skelectal problems
- Promote and maintain good health and fitness
- Help with effective pain management
- Optimising the healing process
- Improve functional movement and performance
- Reduce stiffness and muscle weakness in elderly or injured animals.
- Maintain and regain effective core stability, proprioceptive function, muscle and joint function, strength and endurance.
The treatment plan may include:
- Hydrotherapy in the hydrotherapy pool or underwater treadmill
- Manual therapies; such as massage and joint mobilisation
- Movement therapies; such as balance work and motor sequencing and patterning
- Proprioceptive enriched rehabilitation exercises; such as core stability work and canine Pilates
- Electrotherapy; such as pulsed electromagnatherapy (PMFT) and phototherapy (laser and LLPT)
- Therapeutic handling and positive behavioural modification
Each animal will receive a pre session assessment at the beginning of every session, in order to get the optimum outcome both short and long term. Throughout each session we aim to promote good health and fitness for each animal, as well as giving you expert help and advice in dealing with your animal’s condition.